The ever-popular Tablescape Contest returns once again to bring creative ideas to life! You’ll be inspired by the themes, unique use of materials and concepts set up by caterers and planners in this camera-worthy contest.
PLUS: Celebrity planner David Tutera will return to discuss the designs and award the coveted Tutera’s Pick Award.
There is a $50 entry fee for this competition that can be added at the time of registration.
Once you have registered and the fee has been paid, you will be contacted by Event Solutions with further entry details. Contact Erika Ferrigno with questions.
1. Each display must consist of a table with seating for eight and fit within a 10’x15’ space with a 12’ height restriction. You may choose to design the entire space or just your tabletop.
2. A 72” Round or 8’ Long table and 8 chairs will be provided for your display, as noted on page 1, from the Las Vegas Convention Center stock. All other equipment and design elements including specialty chairs or tables, linens and other design elements are the contestant’s responsibility.
3. Standard 5amp/120v electricity will be provided if requested. Any other electrical requirements are available from Freeman Exhibitor Services. Call 702.263.1404 and be sure to mention you are with the Tablescape Contest.
4. The space has cement floors and no carpeting will be provided. You are allowed to provide your own floor covering or you can order carpeting from Freeman (702.263.1404).
5. You may use any materials you want but vendors who are not official Conference Sponsors may NOT be visually or verbally promoted at this contest without written permission of Catersource/Event Solutions. You will be disqualified should this rule be broken.
6. Contestants that have products for sale are not permitted to promote or name their products. If you would like to sponsor the contest and promote your product, please contact Dave Pruka at 612.253.2026 for opportunities and/or exhibiting information.
7. Actual food menu items may not be used on the Tablescape displays. Faux food items may be used as props only.
8. Voting boxes with your Tablescape name will be at your designated area for attendees to put their voting ballots into. Please be aware that these boxes need to be displayed in your display area Wednesday morning in their original condition. Please do not affix any materials to the box.
9. All contestants must complete and return the Advanced Shipping Information Form by Monday, February 25, 2014 and materials must arrive in Las Vegas no later than Friday, March 14, 2014. Catersource and Event Solutions will cover all LVCC on-site drayage or material handling costs, but will not cover shipping costs or late fees.
10. POV (Privately Owned Vehicle) If you plan to transport your equipment in your own vehicle, you will be provided with loading instructions.
11. Attendees will be able to watch while you set-up on Tuesday between 11:00am-6:00pm during the Tradeshow. You may choose to set-up during Load-in, however, this may take away from attendee interaction on Tuesday.
12. Tablescapes will be judged in three categories during the event:
Conference attendees will vote for their favorite entry during the Tradeshow on Wednesday from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Attendees will each be issued a ballot to place in the voting box of their choice, which will be counted by an independent panel.
Best in Show: Your budget category reflects the total cost of the entry to your company. You will choose your preferred category in the Production Cost Ouline form on page 2. Should your entry cost differ from the selected category by $1, you will be placed in the next highest or lowest category. A first place winner will be awarded in each of three budget categories: Under $500, $501-$2500 and Over $2500.
Tutera’s Pick: Celebrity event planner David Tutera will return to judge each entry on Wednesday during the Tradeshow and award the Tutera’s Pick Award during the Closing Session.
Social Choice: Images of each Tablescape entry will be posted on Facebook and voted on by the public. The winner of this award will be announced after the Conference.
13. All winners, excluding Social Choice, will be announced at the Closing Session on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. The Social Choice winner will be announced after the show.
14. Contestants must have at least one person in full paid attendance at the 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow and only one contest entry per organization is allowed. All other helpers must register for a Tradeshow Only pass to assist with setup.
15. Contestants agree to allow attendees to photograph and/or video their displays. Catersource and Event Solutions are given permission to use photos and/or video in Catersource and Event Solutions products and marketing.
17. The only way to enter the contest is through online registration. Entry fee is $50.
18. Exhibitors are not eligible to enter the Tablescape Contest.
19. Prizes: All winners will be featured in both Catersource and Event Solutions post-show content.
Prizes are as follows:
Best in Show in each budget category: $1000 cash, 1 (one) 2015 Catersource or Event Solutions registration certificates.
Social Choice: 1 (one) 2015 Catersource or Event Solutions registration certificates.
Tutera’s Pick: 2 (two) 2015 Catersource or Event Solutions registration certificates and a trophy.
*In the event of a tie, prizes will be split between winners.
16. Catersource and Event Solutions may adjust these rules at any time with notice to contestants.