A Recipe for Success in Business and Life
Six Simple Steps to Attracting Abundance
There is something intriguing and hot about people who act incredibly successful even before seeing the results. I have this eternal admiration for so many of my cyber pals and authors who radiate self-confidence, love and success through my computer screen. This leadership posture is not by chance, it is by absolute choice.
When I started my entrepreneurial venture eight years ago, I was blessed to have the most amazing mentors to guide me. My intention today is to share some key insights with you in hopes that you will be pumped to rock your business and your life, and to live boldly every day!
I like to think of it as a daily leadership recipe, the foundation of which is a commitment to think like all abundant and successful people do; in other words, to act as if it were impossible to fail. Life is simply more peaceful, Zen and happy when you live each day this way.
The universe has your back, so why not leave your fears behind and save that blissful energy for creating an amazing life?
1. Be honest with yourself. How solid is your self-confidence? Love yourself, live boldly and jump into life. Step into your power and posture and stop living small. Commit to confidence today.
2. Create a two-year intention map. This is truly the lifestyle, income and juicy things that are on their way to you. The secret ingredient that all successful people add to their success recipe is writing down where they intend to be. They don’t leave their life to chance — they create based on their passions, gifts and intentions. Write out your map today (date this page two years from today and write in the present tense). What income will you be earning two years from now? Where will you be living? How does your day start? Do you live on the ocean? Do you live a travel lifestyle? Do you go on 10 trips a year? Be clear on what lifestyle you want in two years. This will help you ensure you have the appropriate income vehicle(s) to get you there.
3. Surround yourself with extraordinary people. Spend your time with people who inspire you to be better. However, be cautious that you don’t fall into the competitive trap in an unhealthy way. It’s easy to let your ego take over with internal thoughts such as ‘look what she’s doing,’ ‘I should be there already,’ or ‘Why am I not as ahead as he is?’ While a little competition is good to keep you living outside your comfort zone, if it makes you feel stressed, stop comparing yourself. You are exactly where you are supposed to be. Be present!
4. Create space for the abundance you seek. If your life is filled with clutter and stress that is not aligned with where you want to be, you will remain stuck. Commit to creating space in your life for the new peace, new income and new abundance you know is on its way. Last week, my fiancé and I sold a boat, a house and a car to make space for the global travel we are doing this year. We thrive when we feel light, spacious and free.
5. Motivate yourself. For those who are truly committed to leadership, self-motivation is key. Speak, write, connect, create and engage in all the activities that make you feel amazing. For the days when motivation is lacking, rely on resources and mentors you love.
6. Take great care of yourself. This is magic. Health is your greatest asset and if you don’t take special care of it, what’s the point of success? I remind myself each morning that I am truly grateful for health and it is my top priority.
Follow these steps, and sprinkle extra ingredients into the recipe such as magnetic energy and a million tablespoons of creativity. Do this and I’d be shocked if you didn’t cook up a delicious life and business for yourself.
In my next post I will tell you how to take this to the next level and double your income in 2014. I know you won’t want to miss that one!