Let the Spotlight shine on you!
The Spotlights are the only industry awards in which the winners are chosen based equally on merit by a judging panel of top industry professionals and by votes from their peers. They offer an exciting and unique opportunity to connect with the entire event industry.
1. Nominations – Nominate a worthy industry colleague or yourself.
2. Notification – Event Solutions will notify all nominees of their nominee status.
3. Submission – In that notification, Event Solutions will provide nominees a link to the site at which they can enter the required Spotlight Award Profile information. This includes a description of your company, your work during the year, three event profiles and three letters of recommendation. The entire process is automated and easy to use.
4. Selection of Finalists – The Event Solutions 2013-2014 Advisory Board will select five finalists in each category, based on information submitted in the Spotlight Award profiles. Nominees will be judged on a series of criteria that are assigned numerical values. The five nominees who receive the highest scores in each category will become finalists.
5. Notification – Finalists will be notified by Event Solutions and will be announced in January. Finalists will receive the finalist logo to affix to their e-mail signature line and promotional materials.
6. Voting – Online voting for the five finalists in each category will begin January 15, 2014 and be open to the entire industry. Voters will be able to view each entrant’s Spotlight Award Profile online. Voters must be at least 16 years of age to vote. Voting begins on January 21, 2014 and runs through February 28, 2014.
7. Selection of Winners – The nominee in each category that receives the highest score from the Advisory Board during the finalist selection process will receive a pre-selected amount of votes that will be weighed with industry peer votes to determine the final winner.
8. Presentation – The Spotlight Award winners will be announced at the Spotlight Awards Event at the Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow on March 26, 2014 in Las Vegas.
Please read over the following rules carefully. They explain the process for nominating yourself, employee, employer or colleague in the event industry for a 2014 Event Solutions Spotlight Award.
1. There is no entry fee.
2. Nominations/entries can be made at this site beginning in October 2013 for individuals or companies meeting the qualifications outlined in the Nomination/Entry Criteria.
3. You may enter yourself or nominate someone else.
4. Nominees may enter more than one category. Each category will require that a separate online Entry Profile submission be created.
5. All contact information must be included in the online nomination.
6. Nominees will be notified by e-mail after the nomination/submission site closes in December. (Please be sure contact information is correct.)
ENTRIES WILL BE SUBMITTED ONLINE!
7. Deadline for nominating and submitting online entry profiles is December 13, 2013.
8. Entry profiles should detail work or events that took place between October 2012 and October 2013.
9. High-resolution photographs MUST be included to support entries (300 dpi is best).
10. Up to three letters of recommendation will appear online with the other profile material. Please submit complete copies of the letters. All contact information on the letters can be kept confidential, if so desired.
11. Finalists will be announced in January and winners will be announced at the Spotlight Awards event on March 26, 2014 at the Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow in Las Vegas.
12. Voting will be held online at the Event Solutions website, from January 21, 2014 through February 28, 2014.
13. Winning awards will be presented at the Spotlight Awards event on March 26, 2014 at the Event Solutions Conference in Las Vegas.
14. Finalists are encouraged to attend the Spotlight Awards event. If you cannot attend, please contact Event Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for someone to accept the award on your behalf. Recipients will be expected to make a short statement of acceptance.
15. Event Solutions does not accept liability relating to the validity of any and all photographs submitted. It is the responsibility of the nominee to ensure that appropriate permission or rights have been granted for submitted photographs. By submitting photographs, you grant Event Solutions permission to use in any marketing or promotional materials relating to the Spotlight Awards and/or Event Solutions products.
16. Event Solutions does not accept liability for entries taking credit for certain work performed. It is the responsibility of the entrant to clarify any and all participation or credit that is or is not due to themselves or others.
For more information or questions, please contact the Event Solutions Spotlight Awards at email@example.com.